Monday 7 December 2009

Becoming a media junkie...

I thought this was worthy of a post since it represents the first news broadcast I can claim to have understood in both (a little!) dialogue and its images. It formed part of todays class that also happened to include my first successful translation of a newspaper article and a broader theme of 'preserving the past vs. embracing the future'.

Its been a stimulating few hours and my brain has definately woken up to the idea that its not here for a break. Credit has to go to Katya for putting together a class that gave me the chance to mix history and current affairs, the combination of which is paramount to my course in Oxford. Its this ability to tailor the lessons on an individual basis that really brings home how much easier it is for me to make progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment