Sunday 8 December 2013

Up and running...

The snow was starting to fall again as I woke this morning. I didn't let that stop me. The plan was to exploit this (relatively) warm weather - I should say that anything warmer than -10 at this point in the year is good - to run and explore an ingenious looking outdoor gym I'd spotted on my walk to the shops yesterday evening.

I managed to stretch the legs for a good fifty minutes with the usual array of funny looks from the locals. I think I've mentioned on this blog before that when the cold weather really turns up, I'm generally forced inside, running up and down the apartment block stairs. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.


The gym itself is a nice little setup. I'll have to take a photo and post it up later in the week. They're your typical range of weight machines from any gym back home, though they exploit body weight and have no adjustable parts that could be broken or stolen. Simple stuff. With any luck I can grab a few 5 litre bottles of water and up the weight by 5-10kg.

I've typically found indoor gym facilities in Moscow and Petersburg either difficult to find or prohibitively expensive. Nothing you could reasonable use during a short visit. This seems like a commendable (and free!) alternative. Probably more suited to the summer, but like I said, I'm not going to let winter get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment